'O God, carry us in the ships of Thy deliverance, give us to enjoy the pleasure of whispered prayer to Thee, make us drink at the pools of Thy love, let us taste the sweetness of Thy affection and nearness, allow us to struggle in Thee, preoccupy us with obeying Thee, and purify our intentions in devoting works to Thee, for we exist through Thee and belong to Thee, and we have no one to mediate with Thee but Thee!' Imam Sajjad ('A); Sahifa al-Sajjadiyya

Monday 21 December 2009

The faith of Hussein [as]

Ibn Qulawayh Al Qummi, Kaamil al-Ziyarat

Jaabir (Al-Ju'fi) through a chain of narrators narrates from Abu Abdillah (Imam Sadiq) [as] who said:

Ali, (the Commander of the believers [as]) said to Husein [as], 'Oh Aba Abdillah, it has been previously established that you will be the leading example' (One of the possible meanings of this statement is that Imam Husein [as] has always been the leading example for all people and specifically for those who suffer from any affliction, even before his time).
'May I sacrifice myself for you. What is my status?' Husein [as] asked.
'You have the knowledge of that which others do not and those who are knowledgeable shall benefit from their knowledge,' the Commander of the Believers [as] replied.
The Commander of the Believers [as] continued:
'O my son! Listen and envision this before it happens to you. I swear to He who has my life in his hand, that the Bani Umayyah will spill your blood but they will not be able to deviate you from your religion nor will they be able to make you forget extolling your Lord.'
Husein [as] replied, 'I swear to He who has my life in his hand, that this is sufficient for me. I submit to that which Allah has revealed, I believe the words of the Messenger of Allah (saw) and I do not belie the words of my father.'

No comments:

Post a Comment